Business Owner’s Information Page and Business Builder Kit
Thank you for visiting the Easton Main Street Initiative Website and our Business Owner's Page. This page is dedicated to informing new and existing merchants and local owners about the programs and information that the EMSI has gathered to benefit and support your business.
Please take the opportunity to look over the different links and contact information that we will continue to monitor and update for you on a regular basis to ensure we are giving the most up-to-date information on your local elected officials, media information, main street programs, and any other resources we have organized to help you promote and better your business.
If you can not find the information you are looking for in the Business Builder Kit please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Easton Main Street Initiative
Business Builder Kit
Tools for Building your Business in the City of Easton
Check this page frequently for marketing opportunities, upcoming business seminars and roundtable discussions, business fairs and the latest copy of the business e-update.
Promotion & Marketing Opportunities
- List your news and happenings on our Home Page!
- Listing in Retail & Restaurant Guide (with link to your site, if applicable)
- Listing in the Professional Services Directory
- Restaurant Menus—feature your menu!
- Business of the Month Page
Main Street Programs for Business Owners
We Make Change for Meters
Easton Main Street will provide attractive window signs promoting the program to customers if businesses will provide the quarters. This program serves as another effective tool for marketing shopping and dining in downtown and increases customer traffic.
Main Street Minute
Be sure to sign-up for the Main Street Minute, our bi-weekly E-Update for Business Owners! With a city as large as Easton, this is our best way of communicating with business owners. In the E-Update, we’ll be sure to let you know what is happening in Easton and how you can be involved!
Business Owners' Roundtables
Join us every quarter for a morning of networking, marketing and discussion regarding important issues that impact business in downtown Easton. Learn about upcoming marketing opportunities and events in downtown Easton. Come share your concerns and ideas at this productive quarterly meeting of downtown Easton merchants. All roundtables include coffee and lite breakfast. For more info. Call: 610-330-9942
Thursday, February 21st, @ Game Gallery, 315 Northampton Street (coffee and treats supplied by Terra Cafe)
Tuesday, April 23rd, 8am @ Rivals Sports Bar & Night Club, 5 Lehn's Court
Tuesday, July 2nd, 8am @ j.morgan salon, 252 Spring Garden Street
Tuesday, October 8th, 8am Cheeburger Cheeburger, 336 Northampton Street
Highlight your business with a Main Street OPEN flag!
Just $40 and available for purchase through the Easton Main Street Initiative Office. Old and worn out OPEN flag? Bring your old flag in to retire with us and get a new one for only $20. Call (610) 330-9947
Main Street Facade Challenge Grant Program now open to all buildings in the Main Street District that include commercial activity. Matching grant funds up to $5000 available. Click Here for Guidelines.
Easton Farmer's Market
Interested in becoming a vendor or sponsor of the EFM? THe Easton Farmer's Market was recently honored by the National Farmer's Market Coalition in 2011. The farmer's market has been present in the Easton community since the city's establishment in 1752 and remains one of the proudest examples of Easton's identity. For more information on how to participate, Check out the EFM here.
Easton Business Association
The EBA offers a program for those in the local commerical district. The program is a volunteer program that offers free membership into the Easton Merchants Association and benefits and promotions to local business owners. Included in their promotion of the downtown is the EBA's All Access Pass, a guide to local businesses and the services and discounts they offer to the consumer. If you are interested in learning more about the EBA or are interested in a membership please visit their website at: http://www.eastonow.com/
Small Business Initiatives to Increase your Presence in the Downtown
Did you Know? 79% of a potential customer's decision to enter your business is based on the appeal of your storefront? Trees, greenery and flowers all bring a sense of energy to the streetscape and welcome visitors to come INSIDE your place of business.
Here are three helpful Tips to enhance your storefront:
1.) Litter-Free Sidewalks
Sweep your sidewalk at least once a day, Watch for those pesky cigarette butts!
2.) Sparkling Clean Windows
Clean windows are KEY in attracting new customers. No time? Hire a local service! (For more information on available services in the area please contact the Main Street Office for additional resources)
3.) Outdoor Plantings
Potted flowers, window boxes, hanging baskets and tree-well plantings add a warm welcoming feeling!
Its Important to maintain hours that will fully support your business. Weekends are a major part of the consumer trends in America especially Sundays! We have included a listing of the participating merchants who remain open on Sunday afternoons, join the growing list of those who are supporting Sunday shoppers in Easton.
Learn about the Easton Ambassadors Program and the work they are doing in the Easton Community to keep our street clean and safe!
Signage Grant Program
Matching Grant Program--- Receive up to $1500 for the purchase of a new sign for your business.
Dowload the Guidelines Here
Benefits of Doing Business in Downtown Easton and Resource Pages
- Façade Improvement Programs Main Street Façade Grants-Matching Grants up to $5000 GEDP Façade Loans- 0% interest loans available to businesses located in targeted areas
- Free Business listing on www.eastonmainstreet.org Website listing includes location, phone and web and free posting of Events on website Events Calendar
- Low cost listings in Downtown Visitor’s Guide and on kiosk directory in Centre Square. ($125 per year) For our Discover Downtown Application Click Here
- Public relations support for company press releases and placement of articles with positive impressions of downtown Easton.
- Marketing support-positioning ads placed in local, regional and national periodicals. Here is our Media Contact List
- Political advocacy of issues concerning downtown businesses for a complete list of Easton's Elected officials see our information page or visit the City of Easton's website.
- Free quarterly business seminars sponsored by the Easton Main Street Initiative
- Quarterly Merchant Roundtables
- "The Main Street Minute"Bi-weekly E-Updates listing business opportunities and info. on upcoming events. Opportunity to advertise your business events and happenings in our bi-weekly community E-Update
Business Owner Resources:
1. City of Easton www.easton-pa.gov
2. Easton Business Association www.eastonow.org
3. Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce www.lehighvalleychamber.org
4. Small Business Development Center (SBDC) www.lehigh.edu/sbdc
5. The Rising Tide Community Loan Fund www.therisingtide.org
6. Lehigh Valley Vistor's Bureau http://www.discoverlehighvalley.com/