Jacob Nicholas House
The Jacob Nicholas House, at the corner of 5th & Ferry Streets, is named after the original owner of this “bank” house. Built circa 1807, the home retains the original 200 year old brick entry walk, as well as a walk-in fireplace and much of the original interior woodwork. The Nicholas House has been restored, with furnishings dating from the 1830’s, and is one of few restored structures in the nation that illustrate life at home for a typical working person or family. This building is on the National Register of Historic Places.