1753 Bachmann Publick House
Built in 1753 by Jacob Bachmann and his wife Katrinna, at the corner of Fermor (now Second) and Northampton Streets. This stone tavern also served as a place for local politicians to meet and exchange ideas, and from 1753 to 1766 a large room on the second floor was used as the first Court of Northampton County. The tavern was also owned by George Taylor, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, and was used as his residence. The Bachmann Publick House has been restored with 70% of the building’s original fabric is intact. This building is on the National Register of Historic Places. The building currently contains the Lenape Cultural Center, open on Saturdays from 11am to 3pm.